What is working?
Assignment 1: Process Recordings
A process recording is a written tool used by field education experience students, field instructors, and faculty to examine the dynamics of social work interactions in time. Process recordings can help in developing and refining interviewing and intervention skills. By conceptualizing and organizing ongoing activities with social work clients, you are able to clarify the purpose of interviews and interventions, identify personal and professional strengths and weaknesses, and improve self-awareness. The process recording is also a useful tool in exploring the interpersonal dynamics and values operating between you and the client system through an analysis of filtering the process used in recording a session.
For this Assignment, you will submit a process recording of your field education experiences specific to diversity and cultural competence.
The Assignment (3 pages):
· Provide a transcript of what happened during your field education experience, including a dialogue of interaction with a client. I was working Daveion Johnson who has Autism and ADHD. He was struggling with passing all his classes in school. He was suspended from school for fighting. He was in the foster care system and removed from his foster care and is now in a emergency shelter. He was initially closed off to me, but when he realized I wasn’t going anywhere he started to open up.
· Explain your interpretation of what occurred in the dialogue, including social work practice theories, and explain how it might relate to diversity or cultural competence covered this week. Daveion is a 16 year old black male he was initially removed from his parents and grandparents for stealing and fighting. You can make up the dialogue.
· Describe your reactions and/or any issues related to your interaction with a client during your field education experience. You can make this up.
· Explain how you applied social work practice skills when performing the activities during your process recording. You can make this up.
Support your Assignment with specific references to the resources. Be sure to provide full APA citations for your references.
Assignment 2: Analysis of a Policy
As an astute social worker and professional policy advocate, once you have selected and identified a social problem, you begin the process of creating and implementing a policy that addresses that social problem. One of the first things you do in the implementation process is an analysis of the social policy you identified.
In Part 3 of your ongoing Wiki assignment, your group analyzes the selected social policy. The selected social policy is the Affordable Care Act (ACA) and youth aging out of the foster care system.
Complete Part 3 of your Wiki.
Address the following items within your group’s Wiki page for Part 3:
· Evaluate the policy’s strengths and weaknesses.
· What is working?
· What is not working?